You are prompted to enter your credentials, even though the user account that you are using has sufficient permission to access this site.
For example, when you open a Microsoft Office file from a Microsoft Office SharePoint site by using 2007 Microsoft Office on a Windows 7-based client computer that has no proxy configured, you are prompted for authentication.
you have to create a registry entry. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Multi-String Value.
- Type AuthForwardServerList, and then press ENTER.
- On the Edit menu, click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type the URL of the server that hosts the Web share, and then click OK.Note You can also type a list of URLs in the Value data box. For more information, see the "Sample URL list" section in this article.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Restart the WebDAV service.
- Open an elevated command prompt and type in net stop WebClient && net start WebClient
- Reconnect to your SharePoint site.
I had a user that was getting the following error message in Outlook 2007...
There is a problem with the selected printer. You might need to reinstall this printer. Try again, or use a different printer.
To fix this I removed the Microsoft KB2509470 update. Remember to blacklist the update so it does not re install itself later.
If Outlook 2007 has been running slower then usual you can try disabling Add-ins that are not being used.
To do this Open up the Trust Center by navigating to Tools –> Trust Center on the menu.
On the left-hand pane, choose Add-ins, and then near the bottom of the window you’ll see a button that will let you manage your COM Add-ins.
From this window you can disable any addins that aren't in use. Here are some I've disabled...
- Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging - Disable this if you aren't using Exchange.
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server Colleague Import Add-in - Disable this if you aren't using Sharepoint.
- Microsoft Outlook Mobile Service - Disable this if you are not sending text messages from Outlook.
- iTunes Outlook AddIn - Disable this if you are not syncing your calendar or contacts with an iTunes device.