I've had 50GB free on Box for a while now but haven't had a use for it. With the 100MB file limit there aren't a lot of options. Most of my files are on Dropbox due to their integration with most of the services I use.
I figured I'd move my iTunes library to my Box.net folder to give me a "cloud" backup of my music if I ever have to reformat or copy my library to another computer.
It's a fairly easy procedure. Make sure you have Box Sync installed and configured.
- First off you'll want to consolidate your iTunes Library
- Click File > Library > Organize Library...
- Click Consolidate files and then OK
- This will consolidate your library into your current location
- Next you'll want to change your iTunes Media folder location
- In My Box Files create a folder called iTunes Media
- In iTunes click Edit > Preferences... > then Advanced
- Make sure Keep iTunes Media folder organized is checked
- Click Change... and select the iTunes Media folder you created then click OK
- It will ask if you'd "like to move and rename the files in your new iTunes Media folder..." click Yes