Targeting an opportunity as a Senior Desktop Support professional where my passion for the information technology field could be utilized to resolve problem applications, install technological innovations and result in sales that would promote the reputation of the company and lead to career advancement.
Monster Products – Brisbane, CA 2011 – Present
Directly supporting end users and assisting the Server Engineers on projects. My responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support our global staff of 500 users on both Windows and OS X which includes imaging, deploying, troubleshooting, and repair of desktops and laptops
- Assist our Server Engineers with deploying our backup system Crashplan, our Migration to Exchange 2010, and numerous other projects
- Support the executive team with meetings and other priority 1 requests
- Work with our events team to setup and support CES and other events which includes setting up AV equipment, a video matrix, and projectors.
Tech Team 2 Go – San Jose, CA 2006 – 2011
Reporting directly to the owner of this IT Consulting business, my responsibilities include, but are not limited to the:
- Maintenance and repair of computer equipment building and deploying desktop and server hardware in a domain environment for 30+ local businesses.
- Troubleshooting of end user issues for various applications including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Apple Mail, Parallels, VirtualBox, SVN and SAS.
- Setup, maintenance and repair of various LAN/WAN concepts for DNS, DHCP & TCP/IP technologies.
- Interaction with clients to help them understand and successfully implement multiple IT projects while providing the critical technological knowledge and productive vision of satisfying the firm’s business objectives.
- Evaluation of new hardware and software technologies that meet the client’s business needs for generating equipment sales that result in reduced operational costs and improved efficiencies.
- Management and training of a desk top support professional.
- Modification and deployment of an open source ticket system and database for Tech Team 2 Go.
- Design and implementation of multiple projects that have organized and enhanced the efficiency of company operations and reduced operational costs.
The Sharper Image – Milpitas, CA (2002 – 2006)
ASSISTANT MANAGER (2004 – 2006)
Promoted to this opportunity where my accountabilities and responsibilities involved:
- The hiring, training and management of 12 Sales Associates selling electronic components for home usage, yard work, automobiles, pet applications and motorized CD storage racks.
- Implementing a strategic floor plan to improve sales and customer access.
- Successfully working with customers to resolve warranty and product line issues.
- Leading a team of Sales Associates to reach store and district goals.
- Working with the Store Manager to analyze and determine inventory needs based on customer sales for the most state-of-the art components.
- Receiving 2 Gold Awards by exceeding the Sharper Image quarterly sales plan.
PROJECT DEVELOPER/CONSULTANT – (2004)
Partnered and supported the entrepreneurial owner/operator in the technological development, advancement and implementation of a statewide campus book exchange, ScrewBookPrices.com. This website has impacted 30 colleges and universities throughoutCaliforniagenerating 2.1 million hits and has become the #1 exchange for using gorilla marketing tools in the state.
SENIOR SALES ASSOCIATE (2002 – 2004)
- Interacted with customers to understand their needs and demonstrated products usage when necessary to finalize sales.
- Received Sales Associate of the Month on numerous occasions that led to my advancement.
KC Computers – Sutter Creek, CA (2001 – 2002)
- Provided computer maintenance, troubleshooting, software configuration services and recommended the purchase of computer hardware and software applications.
- Serviced software support for Microsoft Office XP/2000/97, Adobe and Symantec applications.
FoothillCollege (Currently Attending) – Los Altos,CA
Bachelor of Science Degree – Computer Science – 60 hours completed
Working towards becoming a Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA)
Administrator level proficiencies
Platforms: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/Server 2003 SBS & Standard/Server 2008 SBS
Technologies: LAN/WLAN/WAN, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, VPN & TCP/IP
Expert Working Knowledge
• Linux • OS X • Cisco IOS • Cisco ASA • Android • Apple IOS
• Blackberry OS • Windows Phone
• Exchange 2003/2007/2010 • Google Apps • RRAS • SQL • RDP
• SharePoint 2010 • Microsoft Office • Sophos Endpoint • Backup Exec
• Time Machine • Subversion • TortoiseSVN • Dreamweaver • VirtualBox
• Parallels • Apple Mail • Acrobat
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
070-270: Installing, Configuring & Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Apple Certified Associate - Mac Integration 10.6
References will be furnished upon request.