I've had 50GB free on Box for a while now but haven't had a use for it. With the 100MB file limit there aren't a lot of options. Most of my files are on Dropbox due to their integration with most of the services I use.
I figured I'd move my iTunes library to my Box.net folder to give me a "cloud" backup of my music if I ever have to reformat or copy my library to another computer.
It's a fairly easy procedure. Make sure you have Box Sync installed and configured.
- First off you'll want to consolidate your iTunes Library
- Click File > Library > Organize Library...
- Click Consolidate files and then OK
- This will consolidate your library into your current location
- Next you'll want to change your iTunes Media folder location
- In My Box Files create a folder called iTunes Media
- In iTunes click Edit > Preferences... > then Advanced
- Make sure Keep iTunes Media folder organized is checked
- Click Change... and select the iTunes Media folder you created then click OK
- It will ask if you'd "like to move and rename the files in your new iTunes Media folder..." click Yes
One of my users mentioned Bonjour stopped working recently at his home. After doing some research I found others with the same Router having the same issue. Disabling IGMP Proxy fixed the problem.
To disable IGMP Proxy
- Login to your Router using your web browser
- Click Advanced in the top right corner
- Click IGMP Proxy
- Change it to disabled and click Apply
- Changing wireless to G only
- Disabling IGMP filtering