You are prompted to enter your credentials, even though the user account that you are using has sufficient permission to access this site.
For example, when you open a Microsoft Office file from a Microsoft Office SharePoint site by using 2007 Microsoft Office on a Windows 7-based client computer that has no proxy configured, you are prompted for authentication.
you have to create a registry entry. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Multi-String Value.
- Type AuthForwardServerList, and then press ENTER.
- On the Edit menu, click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type the URL of the server that hosts the Web share, and then click OK.Note You can also type a list of URLs in the Value data box. For more information, see the "Sample URL list" section in this article.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Restart the WebDAV service.
- Open an elevated command prompt and type in net stop WebClient && net start WebClient
- Reconnect to your SharePoint site.