I had a user that was getting the following error message in Outlook 2007...
There is a problem with the selected printer. You might need to reinstall this printer. Try again, or use a different printer.
To fix this I removed the Microsoft KB2509470 update. Remember to blacklist the update so it does not re install itself later.
CPU: 2 Ghz Dedicated CPU
RAM: 1 GB Dedicated Memory
HD: 50 GB Hard Drive Space
BW: 2000 GB Transfer Per Month
IP: 1 Public IP Address
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 44
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz
stepping : 2
cpu MHz : 2400.152
cache size : 12288 KB
physical id : 1
siblings : 8
core id : 0
cpu cores : 4
apicid : 32
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 11
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc ida nonstop_tsc arat pni monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt lahf_lm
bogomips : 4800.30
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management: 
Saving to: `100mb.test'
100%[======================================>] 104,857,600 9.83M/s in 15s
2011-04-21 05:58:33 (6.74 MB/s) - `100mb.test' saved
Saving to: `100mb.test'
100%[======================================>] 104,857,600 10.8M/s in 9.7s
2011-04-27 21:56:57 (10.3 MB/s) - `100mb.test' saved
#dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
16384+0 records in16384+0 records out1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 11.4842 seconds, 93.5 MB/s
16384+0 records in16384+0 records out1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 11.5668 seconds, 92.8 MB/s
single-threaded scalar 1080 ||||
multi-threaded scalar 1158 ||||
single-threaded scalar 1215 ||||
multi-threaded scalar 1152 ||||
single-threaded scalar 1172 ||||
multi-threaded scalar 1245 ||||
single-threaded scalar 1021 ||||
multi-threaded scalar 1005 ||||
single-threaded scalar 929 |||
multi-threaded scalar 962 |||
single-threaded scalar 1778 |||||||
multi-threaded scalar 1752 |||||||
single-threaded scalar 1317 |||||
multi-threaded scalar 1333 |||||
single-threaded scalar 1873 |||||||
multi-threaded scalar 2013 ||||||||
single-threaded vector 2438 |||||||||
multi-threaded vector 2801 |||||||||||
single-threaded scalar 1511 ||||||
multi-threaded scalar 1513 ||||||
single-threaded scalar 2056 ||||||||
multi-threaded scalar 1587 ||||||
single-threaded scalar 3508 ||||||||||||||
multi-threaded scalar 3423 |||||||||||||
single-threaded scalar 3101 ||||||||||||
multi-threaded scalar 2937 |||||||||||
single-threaded scalar 3221 ||||||||||||
single-threaded scalar 5314 |||||||||||||||||||||
single-threaded scalar 2180 ||||||||
single-threaded scalar 2756 |||||||||||
single-threaded scalar 5304 |||||||||||||||||||||
single-threaded scalar 3790 |||||||||||||||
single-threaded vector 5340 |||||||||||||||||||||
single-threaded scalar 2760 |||||||||||
single-threaded vector 5206 ||||||||||||||||||||
single-threaded scalar 3423 |||||||||||||
single-threaded vector 5627 ||||||||||||||||||||||
single-threaded scalar 3509 ||||||||||||||
single-threaded vector 3339 |||||||||||||
Integer Score: 1205 ||||
Floating Point Score: 2243 ||||||||
Memory Score: 3755 |||||||||||||||
Stream Score: 4124 ||||||||||||||||
Overall Geekbench Score: 2370 |||||||||
I recently setup a VPS and installed Denyhosts. I must have entered an incorrect password at some point cause I couldn't SSH into my server. After removing my IP from /etc/hosts.deny I could log in once but after that I was added to the hosts.deny file again.
To completely remove an IP address from Denyhosts you'll need to...
- Stop DenyHosts - sudo /etc/init.d/denyhosts stop
- Remove the IP address from /etc/hosts.deny
- Edit /var/lib/denyhosts/hosts and remove the lines containing the IP address. Save the file.
- Edit /var/lib/denyhosts/hosts-restricted and remove the lines containing the IP address. Save the file.
- Edit /var/lib/denyhosts/hosts-root and remove the lines containing the IP address. Save the file.
- Edit /var/lib/denyhosts/hosts-valid and remove the lines containing the IP address. Save the file.
- Edit /var/lib/denyhosts/user-hosts and remove the lines containing the IP address. Save the file.
- (optional) Consider adding the IP address to /var/lib/denyhosts/allowed-hosts
- Start DenyHosts- sudo /etc/init.d/denyhosts start
I picked up the Sprint Arrive a few days ago. I've had the itch to try out Windows Phone 7 so when they announced a device for Sprint with a physical keyboard I was pretty much sold. Most reviews I've read are positive and Nebraska Furniture Mart had a special for $79.99 so I jumped on it.
Day 1. Couldn't get it activated. I was able to manually provision the device to get voice and texts but no data. The CSR, who was extremely helpful and knowledgeable, walked me through every possible option but nothing seemed to work. Since I could make calls and use WiFi we decided to wait and see if the data provisioning was just taking longer then it should. A few hours later it still wasn't working so I stopped by a Sprint store and they surprisingly got it working. They didn't do anything different then me but perhaps the provisioning finally kicked over. As far as I can tell this wasn't the phones fault. I blame the cell phone gods for the issues I had.
Day 3. The phone is working well but there are some quirks / issues that I think should be addressed...
- Windows Phone 7: The homescreen and other parts of the OS don't work in landscape mode. For a device that is suppose to be used in landscape mode it can be a little frustrating at times. I think a good solution would be have the image / text inside the tile rotate when you switch to landscape mode. You then swipe left to right to move between tiles or swipe down to get to your application list. Not a deal breaker by any means but I think it deserves mentioning.
- Windows Phone 7: When you open a text message then slide out the keyboard it puts the cursor in the text box and you can start typing. If you have the keyboard already open when you select a text message you have to manually click inside the text box to allow you to start typing.
- Windows Phone 7: When using Internet Explorer in landscape mode the only way to see the address bar is to slide out the keyboard.
- Windows Phone 7: When you do a search in the email app in portrait mode after typing your search string pressing enter does not hide the keyboard. The only way to get the keyboard to disappear is to select one of the first 2 messages or swipe down to scroll through more emails.
- Sprint Arrive: The power button on the Arrive doesn't have enough substance. I have a hard time feeling which side of the phone is the top when I take it out of my pocket. I think raising the power button slightly so you can feel that side is the top. Also or at the very least have it "click" a little more so you know you've pressed it.
- Sprint Arrive: The slide mechanism seems to get stuck if you don't slide it either with 2 hands or practically in the center of the phone. Even sliding it closed in the middle gets stuck sometimes. It has a little oreo effect similiar to what the Pre suffered from. I'll need to check out some other units to see if they suffer the same way.
Taking all this into consideration I still really enjoy the OS and what Microsoft has done. Their approach allows for a very consistent and fluid interface. Someone can pickup any Windows Phone and be able to navigate just as if it was their own.
I feel the OS is at a .8 or .9 release. Almost a 1.0 product. Since the Sprint Arrive shipped with NoDo I am not familiar with how the OS operated before that update. Relative to most products that ship today it is a finished product.
This will be a continuing review. I am better at remembering the things that frustrate me over the things that I enjoy.
To find out your version of SQL download/install/open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express then click New Query
Paste the below code in the query pane on the right
SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('productversion'), SERVERPROPERTY ('productlevel'), SERVERPROPERTY ('edition')
and click Execute
In the results window it will display the version, Service Pack, and edition.
For older versions refer to the command and chart on the Microsoft KB 321185.