If you have a subfolder that you'd like to migrate from one repository to another SVN has some built in tools that allow you to do that.
- Open a command prompt and point it to the directory SVN is installed. For Windows that is C:\Program Files\VisualSVN Server\bin. The default Repository directory is C:\Repositories.
- Type: svnadmin dump "path to Repository" > repoDumpFile.dmp
- You'll then to filter out everything but the sub directory you want to migrate.
Type: svndumpfilter include "Path to Subfolder" < repoDumpFile.dmp > Filtered-repoDumpFile.dmp
- The above command will include all revisions even those not relevant to the subfolder you are migrating. If you'd like to remove the non relevant revisions and/or re number them you can use the below command instead of the above.
Type: svndumpfilter include "Path to Subfolder" --drop-empty-revs --renumber-revs < repoDumpFile.dmp > Filtered-repoDumpFile.dmp
- Let's create the new Repository.
Type: svnadmin create "Path to Repositories\New Repository Name"
- Now we import the file.
Type: svnadmin load --ignore-uuid "Path to Repositories\New Repository Name" < Filtered-repoDumpFile.dmp
A client of mine mentioned he wasn't able to access his mapped drives over the VPN. I remotely connected to his PC and noticed if I pinged hostname.domain.local it resolves to 188.8.131.52. I confirmed he was connected to the VPN and I could ping the IP of the PC directly. I did a quick lookup of that IP address and it turns out its owned by Comcast. Comcast's DNS Helper service was to blame. They were resolving all failed hostnames to their IP address rather then letting it fail and allowing his companies DNS server to resolve it correctly.
To fix this you have 2 options:
- Opt-Out of Comcast's DNS Helper service
- Switch to a public DNS service like OpenDNS or Google's DNS servers
Right now Comcast has this enabled by default for all customers with dynamically assigned IP addresses. Business customers are not affected.
Below is an article on the topic that is a great read.
A client of mine is using Quickbooks 2009 and has been having issues with accessing Quickbook files hosted on the Quickbooks database server. All firewall ports are open, the database server is running and the Quickbooks Connection Diagnostic Tool says everything passes. They access the files from a mapped drive to the server. It's never ran or performed as well as I think it should on a gigabit network with fairly new machines.
After doing some research I tried accessing the Quickbooks files over a UNC path rather then a mapped drive. The performance difference was night and day. The files opened nearly instantly and it ran as if the QBW files were locally stored.
From Intuit's website...
Note: In prior versions of QuickBooks, Intuit recommended that a mapped network drive be used to access QuickBooks company files. With QuickBooks 2006, the UNC path, or direct path to the company file will work better than a mapped drive.