A client of mine was having the error 0x8004010F in Outlook 2010. I repaired the PST and it fixed 30 or so errors but I was still having the issue. I ended up creating a new Outlook profile using the following link...
After creating the new profile I could not open or export the previous PST. I realized she had checked the option Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP checked. Once I unchecked that Outlook 2010 could open & export the previous PST.
If Outlook 2010 is prompting for UAC everytime you open it check to make sure you don't have Run this program in compatibility mode for: or Run this program as an administrator checked.
If Outlook 2007 has been running slower then usual you can try disabling Add-ins that are not being used.
To do this Open up the Trust Center by navigating to Tools –> Trust Center on the menu.
On the left-hand pane, choose Add-ins, and then near the bottom of the window you’ll see a button that will let you manage your COM Add-ins.
From this window you can disable any addins that aren't in use. Here are some I've disabled...
- Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging - Disable this if you aren't using Exchange.
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server Colleague Import Add-in - Disable this if you aren't using Sharepoint.
- Microsoft Outlook Mobile Service - Disable this if you are not sending text messages from Outlook.
- iTunes Outlook AddIn - Disable this if you are not syncing your calendar or contacts with an iTunes device.